First-time users must sign up for an Individual Account:
Step 1 - Click on LOGIN above
Step 2 - Click on "Sign Up For New Account"
Step 3 - Complete the information
Step 4 - Remember your login info for future logins
For Off-Campus users who have logged into UW-Stout using their Stout username and password, if prompted for a RefWorks Group Code use: RWUWisStout (case-sensitive).
Some databases feature an "Export to RefWorks" button, thus automating direct import. Instructions on how to import/export directly from library databases are available under the Importing Citations tab.
If you are unable to view the Tutorial links: Hold down control key when selecting link (that will override pop-up blocker).
Notice to RefWorks Users
RefWorks will be discontinued in August 2014. If you currently use RefWorks, please export your citations to Mendeley, Zotero or Endnote. You will be notified again when the end date is closer.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks, is a bibliographic citation manager. This is a web-based software for organizing citations, creating bibliographies and adding citations as you write within a Word document.
Why use RefWorks?
- Import citation information from a variety of sources automatically (ex: library databases and catalogs).
- Create citations by inserting info into an online form (ex: web sites, book chapters, unpublished material, etc.).
- Collect, organize and annotate references.
- Generate bibliographies and in-text citations automatically in a variety of styles; APA style is used by many of UW-Stout's applied undergraduate programs and all graduate programs.
- Includes APA, MLA, and up to 100 other style formats.
- References can be automatically inserted from several of the library databases when searching and can be saved into separate folders for different papers.
- Allows individual users to create his/her own personal bibliographic database. You will need to set up your own profile by creating a unique username and password.
- Refwork files may be exported to non-campus users.