First-time users must sign up for an Individual Account:
Step 1 - Click on LOGIN above
Step 2 - Click on "Sign Up For New Account"
Step 3 - Complete the information
Step 4 - Remember your login info for future logins
For Off-Campus users who have logged into UW-Stout using their Stout username and password, if prompted for a RefWorks Group Code use: RWUWisStout (case-sensitive).
Some databases feature an "Export to RefWorks" button, thus automating direct import. Instructions on how to import/export directly from library databases are available under the Importing Citations tab.
If you are unable to view the Tutorial links: Hold down control key when selecting link (that will override pop-up blocker).
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks, is a bibliographic citation manager. This is a web-based software for organizing citations, creating bibliographies and adding citations as you write within a Word document.
Why use RefWorks?
- Import citation information from a variety of sources automatically (ex: library databases and catalogs).
- Create citations by inserting info into an online form (ex: web sites, book chapters, unpublished material, etc.).
- Collect, organize and annotate references.
- Generate bibliographies and in-text citations automatically in a variety of styles; APA style is used by many of UW-Stout's applied undergraduate programs and all graduate programs.
- Includes APA, MLA, and up to 100 other style formats.
- References can be automatically inserted from several of the library databases when searching and can be saved into separate folders for different papers.
- Allows individual users to create his/her own personal bibliographic database. You will need to set up your own profile by creating a unique username and password.
- Refwork files may be exported to non-campus users.