Who can use UW-Stout databases?
Access to Library subscription databases is available to all students who are currently enrolled and to all currently employed faculty and staff. Use the links on the Library Home page to find:
- Articles and Databases. Use the Articles/Databases tab to select databases and search for articles.
- Journal Titles. Use the Journals A-Z Tab.
- E-Books. Use the E-Books link or connect to the Stout Library Catalog, then limit your search to E-Books.
An activated UW-Stout e-mail account is required for access to subscription databases
If you are not using a computer on campus, you will need to enter your UW-Stout e-mail username and password on the proxy login screen to connect to most databases, electronic journals, and e-books because of licensing requirements.
- If you have not activated your Stout e-mail account, refer to the Ask5000 HelpDesk E-Mail FAQ.
- Students taking courses off-campus and those signing up for a short term weekend course often do not have Stout e-mail accounts established automatically. Contact the ASK5000 Technology Help Desk (telephone 715-232-5000 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If access is denied when trying to connect to the library databases this may be because all Stout users are required to change their passwords once a year for server security. To change a password go to the Stout Password Site.
The following screen will appear when accessing databases from off-campus.
- Enter your Stout e-mail username and password and submit as shown.
- New students use last name, first initial and 4 numbers. DO NOT USE @my.uwstout.edu.
- Older students use last name, first initial (and additional letters if more than one person has same last name and initials). DO NOT USE @my.uwstout.edu
- Faculty/staff use last name, first initial (and additional letters if more than one person has same last name and initials).
DO NOT USE @uwstout.edu
- This authentication process will allow Stout students, faculty, and staff access to Stout subscription databases. If access to a database is denied, please refer to the Problem tabs above.