This guide covers finding information about standardized instruments, including psychometric tests, questionnaires, inventories, and scales.
Last Updated: Dec 10, 2013
Try these first:
The Mental Measurements Yearbooks and Tests in Print are available in both print in the Library and online. Click a title below to directly connect to the individual database.
Mental Measurements Yearbook
Call Number: REF LB1131.5.Z99 B87x
1938-present. 18 editions. Provides critical reviews as well as descriptive material on 400+ psychological tests.
Tests in Print
Call Number: LB1131.5.Z99 T47 2011
TIP VIII. Use to identify which tests are currently available for purchase and as an index to locate test reviews in the Mental Measurements Yearbooks, brief test descriptions, population, etc.
Call Number: REF LB1131.5 .Z99 T519
1-11 volumes. Check volume 11 for cumulative index.
- Buros Institute of Mental Measurements
Indexes Mental Measurements Yearbooks, Tests in Print, Test Critiques, and the ETS test files. Index only; full text reviews may be purchased.
- CART: Compendium of Assessment and Research Tools
A database that provides information on instruments that measure attributes associated with youth development programs.
- GRE Online
Graduate Record Examination
The Praxis Series™ assessments provide educational tests and other services that states use as part of their teacher licensure and certification process.
For unpublished tests and surveys:
- Directory of Unpublished Experimental Mental Measures REF BF431 .G625 Useful for graduate students looking for a test instrument to use for surveys.
For special populations:
- Comprehensive Handbook of Psychological Assessment BF176 .C654
- Directory of Test Collections in Academic, Professional, Research Libraries REF LB3051 .D564
- Family Assessment REF RC488.53 .F36
- Handbook of Measurement and Evaluation in Rehabilitation REF HD7255.5 .H35
- Tests and Test Use in Vocational Evaluation and Assessment REF LC1048. V63 S54x