Many useful websites, databases, and other materials may be found on the following Research Guides.
Other Research Guides to Try:
- Apparel, Fashion and Retail Merchandizing
- Government Resources
- Legal Research
- Statistics and Demographics
Go to the Library's Research Guides to select others.
International Business Web Sites
Websites to Try First:
- International Trade Web Resources From the Federation of International Trade Associations
- Global Edge Comprehensive set of links from MSU-CIBER; provides regional country specific information, statistical data sources, etc.
- International Business Resource Connection (IBRC) From the University of Kansas; provides information on international business and trade resources
- OECD iLibrary The OECD (Organisation of Economic Co-Operation and Development) iLibrary includes books, journals and data services since 1998. More than 80 countries are covered.
- US International Trade Commission Provides trade expertise to the U.S. government. Official site of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
Other International Business Websites:
- Asian Business Watch
- Basic Guide to Exporting From the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Business Europe
- Centers for International Trade Development From California, provides guidance, statistical and informational resources to international trade
- Customs and Border Protection U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Site covers information on importing and exporting
- eAtlas of Global Development From the World Bank, create customized maps, import and export data, and graph more than 175 thematically organized indicators for over 200 countries
- Embassies and Consulates Abroad Provides a search engine to find embassies and consulates in many countries around the world. Addresses and contact information are included
- Euro internet Information resources related to European integration
- Euromoney Requires registration, no charge
- Everything International Links to international business
- Exporting & Importing From the U.S. Small Business Administration
- FIRST: Facts on International Relations and Security Trends Documented information covering the field of international relations and security, such as hard facts on states and international organizations, statistics, and chronologies
- Global Competitiveness Report From the World Economic Forum; the annual report identifies advantages and impediments to national growth of 130 economies worldwide
- Hieros Gamos Worldwide legal and business information site
- International Labour Organization
- International Trade Country descriptions of geography, people, economy, government, export, import and transport
- International Trade Data System
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Includes country information, statistics and other publications
- United Nations Official site
- United Nations Collection From Yale University, resources to print and electronic information
- United States Council for International Business Facilitates international trade
- US Bureau of Industry and Security Exporter resources from the Department of Commerce
- US Commercial Offices by State and City From Export.gov; provides links to specific U.S. cities for export assistance services
- US International Trade Administration From the Department of Commerce
- US International Trade Commission Provides trade expertise to the U.S. government. Official site of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule
- US Trade and Development Agency
- Wisconsin Department of Commerce Provides export assistance services to Wisconsin companies
- World Bank: Enterprise Surveys Contains data on the investment climate in 121 countries, based on surveys of almost 66,000 firms. Enterprise surveys measure business perceptions of the investment climate and can be used to analyze the link between job creation and productivity growth. Data featured covers over 500 indicators on topics such as bureaucracy, corruption, court systems, crime, finance, infrastructure, innovation, jobs, productivity, taxation, and trade.
- World Economic Forum Publishes various full text reports on over 130 worldwide economies on economic competitiveness and risk.
- WWW Virtual Library: International Affairs Resources