Also consult the Library's Standards Research Guide. Government agencies, trade association and voluntary industry groups create standards. Check Search@UW under the name of the body issuing the standard or the name of the product or field to which the standard applies. When you have identified a useful item, click on Long View and note the subject headings. Click on any useful subject headings to identify additional materials.
- ANSI Catalog Index to the American National Standards Institute standards; The library does not own a complete set of ANSI standards, but can request individual standards through the library's interlibrary loan service
- ASTM Standards and Engineering Digital Library the American Society of Testing and Materials, provides standards that are accepted and used in research and development, product testing, quality systems, and commercial transactions. Also includes manuals, journals and conference proceedings.
- ISO Online Provides a catalog to the International Organization for Standardization
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Standards Subject Guide From the Stout Library
Print Sources Available in the University Library
- American National Standards for Safety and Health REF HV676.A1 A5 A subset of the ANSI standards
- Selected ASTM Standards on Packaging Main TS195.6 .A54
- Standards and Practices of Plastics Molders Main TP1150 .S63