WorldCat provides records to library holdings from around the world. Over 1.6 billion records are included in the database.
Basic Search and View Records
- Step 1 - Start at the Library Home Page.
- Step 2 - On the Books/Media tab, select WorldCat. The Basic Search screen will appear.
- Step 3 - Search the database.
- Step 4 - View Records.
- Note the tabs located above the record list indicate the number of records for different media types.
- Each record includes a citation, the media type, a link to how many libraries have the item, and if the Stout Library has the item.
- Not all items are available in the Stout Library.
- Click on "Libraries Worldwide that Own Item" to see a list of libraries that can be used to request the item. Wisconsin libraries will be listed first.
- If not owned by Stout, click on "Request from Non UW Library" to access the ILLiad form to request the item from another library (interlibrary loan).
Print, E-mail, or Save Article Citations
Use the Print/E-mail/Save buttons for WorldCat links whenever possible -- not the browser toolbar (ex: Internet Explorer) commands.